In the Field of Management for Health and Welfare, we conduct research on the theory of social work and on practical examples with the main focus on generalist social work practice. In addition, we conduct theoretical and practical research on care management methods and technology in each field of health and welfare. And we educate leaders in lifelong training, such as supervisors, instructors, and care managers in areas related to health and welfare, assistance for the elderly, and support for people with disabilities.
- Diversified teaching staff and multidisciplinary education/research system
- In our field, the staff with specialized expertise provides education and works on research integrating theory and practice in various sciences.
- Respect for individuality and interactive communication
- Classes are given not as a one-sided lecture, but as an opportunity for active discussions and Q&A’s between graduate students and teachers, or among graduate students themselves.
- Selection of career options using highly-specialized knowledge
- In choosing their careers, many graduate students make use of the knowledge and the research results that obtained in this specialty. As a result, they have a good chance of finding a suitable job.
Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
Examples of Research Topics
- Social work in assisting patients during their discharge from hospitals after inpatient treatment in sickbeds
- Support network for people with mental disabilities
- Collaboration in the support for a balanced combination of nursing care and work
- Research on degrees of satisfaction regarding the use of at-home services: Through the awareness of caregivers confronting elderly people with needs for nursing care at home
- Research on patients who need yet refuse welfare services; and approaching their families: Discussions on social and emotional aspects
- Research on children living with diseases and the support provided for their families: With a focus on proposals of the barrier-free concept
- Current situation and issues of regional migration support of persons with mental disabilities in Niigata prefecture
- Impact of teaching experience of practical training on social workers
- One consideration about the training of the certified care workers as practical training instructors
- A study on the practical approach in difficult case to support
- Aiming for collaboration between education and welfare in social work
- Interpersonal Assistance Skills in Mental Health Social Workers -Social skills in the interview-
- A Study on Acceptance and Support for Juvenile Dementia in Short Stay
Kyosuke Matsumoto / Associate Professor / Ph. D. (Chair)
Clinical psychology, Community psychology, Psychology of dreams
Toyoharu Yokoyama / Professor / Ph. D.
Social work, Social work education, The lifelong training of social workers, The formative processes of social workers, The clarification of the social worker image
Seio Kouno / Professor / Master of Social Work
Social work, Social work practice, Social work relationship, Supervision of social work, Communication skills in social work
Ayako Haraguchi / Associate Professor / Master of Psychology
Agriculture-welfare collaboration, Employment support for people with disabilities，Clinical psychology
Yoko Watanabe / Assistant Professor / Ph. D.
Social work education, Long-term care of elderly, End-of-life care
Miki Oya / Assistant Professor / Master of Social Work
Psychiatric rehabilitation, Mental health social work, Forensic social work, Welfare for persons with disabilities education
Akitsugu Kunikane / Assistant Professor / Master of Social Work