Minimum Requirements for International Applicants
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree or academic skills equal or superior to that of a university graduate. (i.e. those who have completed or will complete a 16- year school curriculum ; or who have completed or will complete a three-year university course and then were awarded a bachelor’s degree outside Japan).
- Those who have nationality other than Japanese
- Those who took one of the following examinations not more than two years before the date of application;
1) “Japanese as a Foreign Language" of the Examination for Japanese University Admission (EJU) held by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
2) N2 Level of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test
- Applicants must have a master's degree completed or academic ability equal or superior to that of a master's program.
- Applicants must have nationality other than Japanese.
- Entry Semester: Spring (April)
- Application schedule
See Japan Study Support website
- Application Fee: 30,000 yen
- Application documents
・Official Transcript of Records (in English)
・Certificate of (Expected) Graduation (if any)
・A copy of diploma(future graduates need to present after their enrollment)
・A copy of the“Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Certificate with Results and Scores: N2 Level” or a Score Report of the “Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students
*The date of examination must not be more than two years before the date of application.
・Documentation proving your nationality (a passport or certificate of nationality issued by official body)
Doctoral Course: in addition the following documents must be submitted:
・Research Proposal (in English or Japanese)
・Academic achievement form
- Methods of Assessment:
Document screening followed by English test and an interview in Japanese or English (online exam only)
Document screening followed by essay-writing in Japanese and an interview in Japanese or English (online exam only)
※Essay on the motivation and aspirations for graduate studies
|Course||Admission Fee||Annual Tuition Fee and facility charge||First year Total|
|Master||PT, OT, ST, AT, CT, CO, HN, NR, EM, RT||¥200,000||¥1,000,000||¥1,200,000|
Examination Fee: ¥30,000
PT/Physical Therapy, OT/Occupational Therapy, ST/Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, AT/Prosthetics& Orthotics and Assistive Technology, CT/ Safety and Risk Management for Medical Technology, CO/ Orthoptics and Visual Sciences, RT/Radiological Technology, EM/ Emergency Medical Sciences, HN/Health and Nutrition, HS/Health and Sports, NR/Nursing, SW/Social Welfare, HI/Health Informatics and Business Administration
Tuition exemption for self-supporting (privately financed) international students
Self-supporting (privately financed) international students can be exempted from tuition fees (and it is not including the facility charge), other than mentioned below;
- Government-sponsored international student
- Those who are dispatched from foreign government
- Those who are supported by a private company or a scholarship foundation (amount more than half of the tuition).
- Those who are obviously economically advantaged
Course Amount of exemption (per year) Master PT, OT, ST, AT, CT, CO, HN, NR, EM, RT ¥400,000 HS ¥350,000 SW, HI ¥350,000 Doctor ¥350,000
Niigata University of Health and Welfare
Graduate School Admission Office
1398 Shimami-cho, Kita-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata 950-3198, Japan