Applicants must meet either qualification 1 or 2 below.
- Those who have completed or are scheduled to complete a course of education, (in the event of the last school attended being outside of Japan, it must be the equivalent of Japan’s 12-years course of school education,) or those deemed to hold an equivalent status by the Japanese Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- Those who are designated by the Japanese Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology:
To be admitted to Niigata University of Health and Welfare’s undergraduate programs, international applicants need to pass one of the tests listed below.
|Type of Exam||Exam Format||Exam Period|
|Examination for working people||Essay||○||November|
|General Entrance Examination||Test||-||February|
Please note that most undergraduate classes are conducted in Japanese, including those intended for international students. Accordingly, applicants are expected to have a sufficient mastery of the Japanese language before enrolling.
|Department||Admission Fee||Annual Tuition Fee and facility charge||First year Total|
|PT, OT, ST, AT, CT, CO, EM, HN||¥350,000||¥1,500,000||¥1,850,000|
Examination Fee: ¥35,000
PT / Physical Therapy, OT / Occupational Therapy, ST/ Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, AT / Prosthetics &Orthotics and Assistive Technology, CT/ Clinical Engineering and Medical Technology, CO/ Orthoptics and Visual Sciences,EM/ Emergency Medical Sciences, HN / Health and Nutrition, RT/ Radiological Technology, NR / Nursing, HS / Health and Sports, SW / Social Welfare,HI / Health Informatics
Tuition exemption for self-supporting (privately financed) international students
Self-supporting (privately financed) international students can be exempted from tuition fees (not including the facility charge), other than mentioned below;
- Government-sponsored international student
- Those who are dispatched from foreign government
- Those who are supported by a private company or a scholarship foundation (amount more than half of the tuition).
- Those who are obviously economically advantaged
Department Amount of exemption (per year) PT, OT, ST, AT, CT, CO, EM, HN ¥500,000 RT, NR ¥550,000 HS ¥425,000 SW ¥415,000 HI ¥400,000
Admission-related inquiries (international students)
Niigata University of Health and Welfare : International Center
1398 Shimami-cho, Kita-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata 950-3198, Japan