Institute for Human Movement and Medical Sciences
In order for human body to execute a smooth movement, all the subsystems such as bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, peripheral nervous system, the central nervous system need to work flawlessly in combination. The final goal of our institute is to develop preventative and therapeutic interventions for movement-related disabilities.
We are a group of experts from various fields working on individual research area as follows:
- Neural basis of sensorimotor integration
- Processes of motor control and motor learning
- Functional responses of neuro-muscular-skeletal system to physical stimulations
- Cardio-pulmonary and cerebral blood flow responses to exercise
- Muscle fatigue and bodily responses
- Motor function disability and rehabilitation
- Motion and behavioral analysis
- Exercise program for health promotion
Our institute is equipped with state-of-art measurement systems. The list includes Transcranial magnetic stimulator, Magnetoencephalography, Evoked EMG, functional near infrared spectroscopy, EEG, 3D motion analysis system, force plates, EMG, Expiration Gas Analyzer, real-time blood pressure monitor.